"The Alliance helped make our dreams as an emerging program come true. Without the Alliance, everything would have been ten times harder."
Join us for the Alliance of Artists Communities' 2016 Emerging Program Institute - April 5-7, 2016 - hosted at the Joan Mitchell Center in New Orleans, Louisiana. This bootcamp combines best practices from the arts-and-cultural sector with specific, hands-on information about artists' residencies. If you are interested in or involved in launching a new residency program, you won't want to miss this!
Whether you are still in the early dreaming stage of creating an artist colony or working with an established institution that is developing a new residency program, the Emerging Program Institute will offer best practices, models for success, a community of peers, and access to residency leaders, funders, and others. #aac16epi
*** SOLD OUT! ***
NOTE: We cap attendance at 50 people to keep the program participatory and accessible. This Institute sells out every year, so we encourage you to secure your plans early to attend!
- community engagement and the relevance of place
- building a support base and funding your program
- distinguishing yourself and making the case
- creating a selection process that matches artists with mission
- business planning for artist residencies
- "ask an expert" panels of residency leaders, trustees, lawyers, artists, and others
- case studies, site visits, and more!