The Alliance of Artists Communities is an international nonprofit association, providing services to more than 400 organizational and individual members working in the field of artist residencies. Based in Providence, RI, the Alliance conducts research and publishes about artist residencies, conducts an annual conference and other professional development convenings throughout the year, manages several grantmaking programs, offers a variety of consulting services, develops online and print informational tools about the field, and advocates on behalf of artist residencies and artists. Founded in 1991, the Alliance maintains a staff of 4-6 employees on-site and a national Board of Trustees.
Program + Administrative Associate (part-time)
In this new position, the Program + Administrative Associate will provide critical support to the Alliance team. The ideal candidate will balance the external vision of a broad-reaching organization with the internal mechanics of a small nonprofit. The busy environment requires adaptive capacity, collaboration and independence; flexibility is critical. The Alliance centers its work around a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff and board. Minorities and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide general administrative support including: updating database, filing, preparing letters, processing registrations and payments, etc.
- Answer phone calls and coordinate communication and messages appropriately.
- Schedule and maintain Executive Director’s calendar and travel; provide follow-up correspondence as necessary
- Support the coordination of event details (annual conference, annual Emerging Program Institute, and 3 annual Board meetings) - including planning meeting logistics, liaising with local planning partners, overseeing registration, soliciting conference volunteers, providing reports for the Board, and collaborating with other staff members involved in related work (e.g. conference content planning, logistical support, etc) with Deputy Director.
- Facilitate logistics to support grantmaking programs and contracts as needed.
- Assist in the implementation of research projects and reports as needed.
- Aid in implementing strategic year-round marketing action plan in coordination with Member Services Director.
- Execute the publishing of web identity (social media, blog, newsletters).
- Draft communications with Executive Director to inspire, strengthen and broaden the supporter base, including communications with donors, the annual appeal, corporate sponsorship / marketing opportunities, and grant and report writing to support strategic initiatives.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of this job. Other duties may be assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS + TRAITS
- 3+ years of relevant nonprofit experience
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Energetic, proactive, agile, goal-oriented dynamo who is able to manage priorities and workflow
- Proficient computer skills
- A strong and compelling writer
- Patient demeanor with a sense of humor
COMPENSATION: Hourly, commensurate with experience
The Alliance of Artists Communities is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
TO APPLY, please click on the link here to upload your cover letter and resume or CV, along with a writing sample by March 6, 2017. No phone calls, please.