The Alliance's Grantmaking programs and Funding Partnerships have leveraged more than $2 Million to artists and artist residency programs since 2003. Providing direct support to artists and artist residency programs is a vital part of the Alliance's work.
- Pew Fellowship Consortium of Residencies | This partnership with Pew Fellowships in the Arts provides residencies to selected Pew Fellows at participating residency sites throughout North America. [more information here]
- New Voices of Modern Arab Literature | The Alliance of Artists Communities has partnered with Beirut39 in supporting a new generation of Arab writers by offering residencies to 39 writers under the age of 39 in host sites throughout the world, in 2011-2013. [more information at www.artistcommunities.org/beirut39]
- Visions from the New California | This program funds six residency programs in California and awards under-served, under-recognized diverse visual artists in California with residencies and grants. This program is supported by The James Irvine Foundation. [more information at www.visionsfromthenewcalifornia.org]
- Midwestern Voices and Visions | This program funds seven residency programs in the Midwest and awards under-served, under-recognized artists of color in the Midwest with residencies and grants. This program is supported by The Joyce Foundation. [more information at www.midwestvoicesandvisions.org]
- Beyond Katrina | This partnership with The Ford Foundation supported residency programs in New Orleans, by funding efforts to build capacity and community post-Hurricane Katrina. This program concluded in 2009.
- Creative Renewal | This partnership with The James Irvine Foundation provided emergency relief residencies at six California residency programs to Gulf Coasts Artists. This program concluded in 2006.
- A partnership with The Ford Foundation supported the Alliance in its international participation and funded residencies around the world for artists of the 2006 Dakar Biennial. This program concluded in 2006.