18th Street Arts Center is an artists’ residency program that provokes public dialogue through contemporary art-making. We value art-making as an essential part of a vibrant, just and healthy society. Through our artist residencies we are a contemporary art hub that fosters inter-cultural collaboration and dialogue. 18th Street's residencies, exhibitions, public events, talks, and publications encourage, showcase and support the creation of cutting-edge contemporary art and foster collaboration and interaction between artists locally, nationally and internationally.
Santa Monica, California: United States
- Residency Length: varies
- Number of artists accepted in most recent year: 35
- Application type: Open application
- Collaboration: May apply as a team
- Geography: Open to US artists, Open to non-US artists
- Application Ongoing: Yes
Past Residents & Quotes
Facilities & Services
- Housing: Private housing (individual apartment/cabin/house)
International artists are provided with a private, furnished live/work space (with bath and kitchenette).
- Meals: All/most meals are provided by organization
- Companions: Pets Allowed, Spouses/partners allowed for full stay, Children allowed for full stay
Cleaning deposit required for pets.
- Accessibility: housing/grounds/studios are accessible
Public areas are wheelchair accessible.
- Studios/special equipment: Dance / Choreography, Exhibition / Installation, Painting, Photography (digital), Photography (non-digital)
- Other facilities and services: Common room or meeting space provided for residents’ use; laundry facilities on-site; smoking allowed outdoors, in private living areas, and in studios.