The Goetemann Residency at Rocky Neck Art Colony seeks to nurture excellence in the visual arts and to celebrate the artistic culture of Rocky Neck. Located in Gloucester, Massachusetts, the residency includes waterfront live-work studio/gallery space, press coverage and access to a rich and varied cultural community.
Gloucester, Massachusetts: United States
- Residency Length: one month
- Average number of artists in residence at a time: 1-5
- Number of artists accepted in most recent year: 3
- Total applicant pool in most current year: 50
- Geography: Open to US artists, Open to non-US artists
- Application deadline: March 15
- Additional deadline info: There are three one-month residency periods: Please check the application form for these dates at www.rockyneckcolony.org. The dates for 2012 will appear by January 1st on the website.
Past Residents & Quotes
Facilities & Services
- Housing: Private housing (individual apartment/cabin/house)
The studio has ceiling spots for the lighting of walls. Excellent air circulation as it gets a breeze from the water. It is private and attached to a home and marina and there is access to a huge deck on the ground floor that overlooks the ocean and the City of Gloucester. There is a futon for sleeping and a small "pullman" kitchen (hot plate and microwave and cabinets and sink and full size refrigerator) and a shared bathroom/shower off the studio. Laundromat within walking distance.
- Meals: All/most meals are provided by organization
Residents have a kitchen and are responsible for their own meals.
- Accessibility: no
It would be difficult for a standard size wheel chair. There are large doors to enter the studio but the bathroom entrance is standard width.
- Studios/special equipment: Exhibition / Installation, Painting
- Additional studio information:The studio is a 600 square foot space with white working walls, high ceiling and 4' x 8' work table. It has a futon, bathroom and small kitchen. There is no wireless access, but most artists have used the local library or our great local coffee shops for computer access. The studio does not have any technical facilities for filmmaking, printing,etc. Artists wishing to do anything of a technical nature would need to bring their own equipment.
- Other facilities and services: The Goetemann Residency is located in the midst of an arts community. Whatever the artist's discipline, there will be others with whom to work.