The STAR Collaboration (Students, Teachers, Artists-in-Residence) at Eagle Hill School advances artistic approaches to education by connecting diverse learners to accomplished artists who live, learn, and create new work on campus.The STAR Collaboration invites artists of all disciplines to come away for an extended period of focused art work, and to come together with our students and teachers to facilitate authentic learning adventures. STAR residents are accomplished artists, and also educators-at-heart, who want to work with young people while expanding the definition of what being an educator means; who are interested in novel, interdisciplinary educational approaches; and who thrive on collaboration with others.
Hardwick, Massachusetts: United States
- Residency Length: 16-18 weeks
- Average number of artists in residence at a time: 2
- Number of artists accepted in most recent year: 3
- Total applicant pool in most current year: 7
- Application type: Open application
- Collaboration: Must apply and be accepted individually
- Geography: Open to US artists
- Additional eligibility information:
We offer two sessions that correspond to the school calendar. Fall/Winter is mid-September through January and Winter/Spring is mid- January into early- June. Please visit our website for residency calls, applications, and information.
Past Residents & Quotes
Facilities & Services
- Housing: Private housing (individual apartment/cabin/house)
We provide modest near-campus housing of either an individual apartment or private bedroom with private bath in Eagle Hill School’s Bed & Breakfast.
- Meals: All/most meals are provided by organization
Residency includes all meals served at the EHS’s Dining Commons seven days a week, located in the Cultural Center. Also, a full kitchen is included in the near-campus housing. Vegetarian options always available.
- Computer/internet access: Wireless Internet
- Companions: Spouses/partners allowed for full stay
No smoking, no pets, and children cannot be accommodated. Spouses/partners allowed for full stay when possible.
- Accessibility: housing/grounds/studios are accessible
- Studios/special equipment: Dance / Choreography, Digital media, Exhibition / Installation, Music recording studio, Painting, Theater, Woodworking
- Additional studio information:24/7 access to STAR’s 1000’ shared studio space, access to all Cultural Center and Arts classroom facilities, equipment, & technology
- Other facilities and services: Laundry facilities, parking and fitness center.